Tuningi Safari Lodge
The 5-star Tuningi Safari Lodge is set in a valley on the western side of the Madikwe Game Reserve. The theme of the interiors is “Colonial African Chic” and the main thatched lodge offers beautiful indoor and outdoor lounges, an elegant dining room and a magnificent rim flow pol that overlooks a waterhole. this is all interlinked by a sweeping, wooden deck that leads to a boma under an ancient fig tree, perfect for dinners around a blazing fire. Tuningi is one of the very few 5-star lodges in South Africa that welcomes children and by doing so, avails them to the wonders of nature, wildlife and our delicate eco-system. Daily game drives in open 4×4 vehicles allow guests to sense the excitement of the African bush. Lion, elephant, bufalo, white and black rhino, leopard and the rare and endangered wild dog are only some of the sightings to be experienced during your stay.
Tuningi Safari Lodge can accommodate 16 (sixteen) guests in exclusive villas and the lodge itself has been designed in such a way that it can be divided for families, intimate groups or VIP’s in search of utter privacy – a concept that is unique to Tuningi. All rooms at Tuningi and Little Tuningi have air conditioning, ceiling fans, gas fireplaces, en-suite bathrooms, beautifully appointed baths, outdoor rock showers and private wrap around wooden decks. The design brief was to create space by blending interiors with the bush through utilising retractable doors and windows wherever possible.
The private and exclusive, Tuningi Safari Lodge offers both local and international guests a superior product enhanced by an impressive Big 5 safari experience. Tuningi’s game rangers are of course highly qualified but more than this they have a skill for making guests feel passionate about the environment and wildlife while offering a unique opportunity for those willing to be educated on many aspects of wildlife and bush etiquette either on foot, for those brave enough, or in 4×4 open air vehicles. Lion, elephant, buffalo, white and black rhino, leopard and the rare and endangered wild dog are only some of the unique sightings to experience during your stay.
|1 October 2008 – 30 September 2009||Per person sharing(dbl room)||Per person single||Children 2-12 yrs sharing|
|Double Room||R3695.00||R5542.50||R1847.50||Book Now|
|1 October 2009 – 31 August 2010||Per person sharing(dbl room)||Per person single||Children 2-12 yrs sharing|
|Double Room||R4750.00||R5542.50||R1847.50||Book Now|
Madikwe Game Reserve Road Transfer
|Road transfer||1 – 3 pax||4 -7 pax||8 – 13pax|
|One way transfer, per vehicle (including entrance fees if booked with accommodation) from/to Gauteng province||R2250pv||R2900pv||R3900pv|
Terms and conditons – Tuningi Safari Lodge
- TARIFFS ARE QUOTED: * Inclusive of 14% V.A.T. * In South African Rands * Subject to availability
- TARIFFS CHANGES: All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however fully paid bookings will be honoured
- TARIFFS INCLUDE: * Luxury accommodation * Two game drives per day * All meals daily * Welcome drinks and teas & coffees at meals * Road transfer from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge
- TARIFFS EXCLUDE: * Curio shop purchases * Drinks * Telephone calls * Lodge transfers * Airport Tax * Tourism Levy * Fly in fee (R100 per adult, R50 per child – subject to change) * Laundry services unless otherwise indicated *Specialised coffees * Gate entry fees (R50 per adult, R25 per child –subject to change) *Babysitting
- CHILDREN: * Children (0- 12yrs) of all ages are welcome at most of our lodges * Babysitters available (at extra cost) *Children under 6 years old are not permitted on game drives * Children’s programs available at Tuningi and Thakadu *Children sharing room with parents pay 50% *Children in own room charged full price * No charge for children under 2yrs
- PAYMENT: A deposit of 50% of the total accommodation/package charge is required on reservation.
- CANCELLATIONS: Our cancellation policy is as follows:
– Four weeks before arrival – 75% of full amount.
– Two weeks before arrival – 100% of full amount
- ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE: Guests may arrive any time from 12:00 am, and rooms are to be vacated by 11:00am.
- WHAT TO TAKE: * Comfortable walking shoes * Sun hat * Sunglasses * Sun block * Cameras and binoculars * Light, neutral coloured clothing * Swimming costume * Warm jackets are essential in winter (May -October)
- GATE ENTRANCE FEES: Gates open @ 06h00 & closes @ 21h00.
- Entrance fee into the Madikwe Reserve by road, please settle in camp (R50pp–Adults, R25pp– children).
- AIR TRANSFERS & PRIVATE CHARTERS: * Daily scheduled MADIKWE AIR/FEDERAL AIR flights from O.R.Tambo Airport (JIA). * Private charters are available on request. Fly in fee into the Madikwe Reserve; please settle in camp (R100 per adult, R50 per child – subject to change)