Motswiri Game lodge
Motswiri Private Safari Lodge lies hidden in the bush, an exclusive lodge offering a maximum of 10 people a bush experience which is impossible to replicate in larger concerns. Our lodge offers some of the best views in Madikwe as well as the feeling of tranquility given by the mature trees (mostly leadwoods) under which the main building and 5 luxury bush villas nestle. Motswiri offers an intimate homely setting that makes for complete privacy.
The exquisitely appointed main lodge overlooks a waterhole frequented by elephant families and other big game Motswiri offers the option of either individual bookings or exclusive use of the lodge. The lodge is ideal for corporate, family/friend groups of up to 10 who do not wish to share the facilities with outsiders. Itinerary’s & daily events can be tailored to meet your or your groups specific needs. Special arrangements can be made for up to 8 guests to be accommodated in separate rooms should this be more acceptable for corporate groups.
All Motswiri bush lodge villas have air-conditioning, ceiling fans, gas fireplaces, bathrooms en suite, beautifully appointed bathrooms, outdoor rock showers and private wrap around wooden decks, the design has been to blend the interiors creating the blend of space and the bush utilizing the retractable doors and windows.
Madikwe Game Reserve is Big Five country and is home to 66 mammal species and 300 bird species. Exciting game drives, night game drives and bush walks can be arranged for you to view the amazing wildlife. They are conducted by experienced and knowledgeable game rangers during your South Africa safari holiday.
For those guests just wanting to relax and enjoy their surroundings on a South Africa safari holiday, the main lodge offers indoor and outdoor lounges, a dining room, a bar, and a rim flow pool on a wrap around deck with wonderful views of the active waterhole. Guests can also enjoy spectacular outdoor meals around a blazing camp fire in the boma, where the experienced hosts and staff will cater to all your needs.
|1 October 2008 – 30 September 2009||Per person sharing(dbl room)||Per person single||Children 2-12 yrs sharing|
|Double Room||R3695.00||R5542.50||R1847.50||Book Now|
|1 October 2009 – 31 August 2010||Per person sharing(dbl room)||Per person single||Children 2-12 yrs sharing|
|Double Room||R4750.00||R5542.50||R1847.50||Book Now|
Madikwe Game Reserve Road Transfer
|Road transfer||1 – 3 pax||4 -7 pax||8 – 13pax|
|One way transfer, per vehicle (including entrance fees if booked with accommodation) from/to Gauteng province||R2250pv||R2900pv||R3900pv|
Terms and conditons – Motswiri bush lodge
- TARIFFS ARE QUOTED: * Inclusive of 14% V.A.T. * In South African Rands * Subject to availability
- TARIFFS CHANGES: All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however fully paid bookings will be honoured
- TARIFFS INCLUDE: * Luxury accommodation * Two game drives per day * All meals daily * Welcome drinks and teas & coffees at meals * Road transfer from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge
- ARIFFS EXCLUDE: * Curio shop purchases * Drinks * Telephone calls * Lodge transfers * Airport Tax * Tourism Levy * Fly in fee (R100 per adult, R50 per child – subject to change) * Laundry services unless otherwise indicated *Specialised coffees * Gate entry fees (R50 per adult, R25 per child –subject to change) *Babysitting
- CHILDREN: * Children (0- 12yrs) of all ages are welcome at most of our lodges * Babysitters available (at extra cost) *Children under 6 years old are not permitted on game drives * Children’s programs available at Tuningi and
Thakadu *Children sharing room with parents pay 50% *Children in own room charged full price * No charge
for children under 2yrs
- PAYMENT: A deposit of 50% of the total accommodation/package charge is required on reservation.
- CANCELLATIONS: Our cancellation policy is as follows:
Four weeks before arrival – 75% of full amount.
Two weeks before arrival – 100% of full amount
- ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE: Guests may arrive any time from 12:00 am, and rooms are to be vacated by 11:00am.
- WHAT TO TAKE: * Comfortable walking shoes * Sun hat * Sunglasses * Sun block * Cameras and binoculars * Light, neutral coloured clothing * Swimming costume * Warm jackets are essential in winter (May -October)
GATE ENTRANCE FEES: Gates open @ 06h00 & closes @ 21h00.
- Entrance fee into the Madikwe Reserve by road, please settle in camp (R50pp–Adults, R25pp– children).
- AIR TRANSFERS & PRIVATE CHARTERS: * Daily scheduled MADIKWE AIR/FEDERAL AIR flights from O.R.Tambo Airport (JIA). * Private charters are available on request. Fly in fee into the Madikwe Reserve; please settle in camp (R100 per adult, R50 per child – subject to change)