Buffalo Ridge Safari Lodge
Buffalo Ridge Safari Lodge is a five star lodge situated at a prime site in the west of the Madikwe Game Reserve. The inception of this exclusive lodge has an exceptionally inspiring story to it in terms of local community upliftment, business smart, outstanding management and of course, breathtaking location and lavish accommodation.
Offering a very private experience, Buffalo Ridge Safari Lodge has eight uniquely decorated suites, each with their own deck which provides guests with expansive views to the north. This 8-room (16-bed) luxury facility, which has been in operation for just over a year, was skillfully designed by Nick Plewman – an acclaimed small lodge designer – to blend with the beauty of the natural surrounds. Decorated in natural hews of colour and texture, the thatched suites have sliding doors from each room and shower which allow the guest to fully experience the concept of complete integration with the bushveld.
Buffalo Ridge Safari Lodge is situated on the Tweedepoort Ridge overlooking the plains and inselbergs of the western section of Madikwe Game Reserve. The lodge has 8 suites, each with their own viewing deck, decorated in natural hews of colour and texture, offering a very private and luxurious experience. The thatched suites, with sliding doors from each room and shower allow the guest to experience a oneness with the bushveld.
The main lodge is spectacularly located on two tiers of the ridge, accessed via a wooden bridge that crosses a ravine surrounded by rock figs. Each of the living areas has its own character, mood and style providing guests with a choice of breathtaking views and tranquil spaces. The lodge has reception, dining, lounge, upper and lower deck and swimming pool areas.
Open vehicle game drives, walks, tracking, stargazing, bush dining, birding, botany interests. Madikwe is home to a tremendous diversity of fauna and flora, including both the black and white rhino, buffalo, elephant, lion, leopard, cheetah and wild dog. The lodge is a superb walking and open vehicle safari destination where guests are accompanied by well-trained and informative rangers who are able to interpret the many encounters whilst on safari.
What to take
Walking shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sun block, cameras, binoculars, light clothing and bathing suit in summer and warm clothing and jackets in winter.
Summer – October to March
Rainy season with hot days and warm nights. Temperatures 25°C – 40°C.
Winter – April to September
Dry season with generally warm days and cold nights. Temperatures 0°C – 25°C.
Children over 6 years – maximum of 1 child sharing with parents – 50% of tariff. Children occupying their own room pay full adult rate. (Child: 6 – 11; Adult: 12 and above)
|1 May 2009 – 30 September 09||Per person sharing(dbl room)||Per person single|
|Double Room||R2450.00||R3675.00||Book Now|
|1 October 2009 – 30 April 2010||Per person sharing(dbl room)||Per person single|
|Double Room||R3450.00||R5175.00||Book Now|
|1 May 2010 – 31 August 2010||Per person sharing(dbl room)||Per person single|
|Double Room||R3100.00||R4650.00||Book Now|
Madikwe Game Reserve Road Transfer – Click on the rate to book a transfer
|Road transfer||1 – 3 pax||4 -7 pax||8 – 13pax|
|One way transfer, per vehicle (including entrance fees if booked with accommodation) from/to Gauteng province||R2250pv||R2900pv||R3900pv|
Terms and conditons – Buffalo Ridge
- TARIFFS ARE QUOTED: * Inclusive of 14% V.A.T. * In South African Rands * Subject to availability
- TARIFFS CHANGES: All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however fully paid bookings will be honoured
- TARIFFS INCLUDE: * Luxury accommodation * Two game drives per day * All meals daily * Welcome drinks and teas & coffees at meals * Road transfer from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge
- ARIFFS EXCLUDE: * Curio shop purchases * Drinks * Telephone calls * Lodge transfers * Airport Tax * Tourism Levy * Fly in fee (R100 per adult, R50 per child – subject to change) * Laundry services unless otherwise indicated *Specialised coffees * Gate entry fees (R50 per adult, R25 per child –subject to change) *Babysitting
- CHILDREN: * Children (0- 12yrs) of all ages are welcome at most of our lodges * Babysitters available (at extra cost) *Children under 6 years old are not permitted on game drives * Children’s programs available at Tuningi and
Thakadu *Children sharing room with parents pay 50% *Children in own room charged full price * No charge
for children under 2yrs
- PAYMENT: A deposit of 50% of the total accommodation/package charge is required on reservation.
- CANCELLATIONS: Our cancellation policy is as follows:
Four weeks before arrival – 75% of full amount.
Two weeks before arrival – 100% of full amount
- ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE: Guests may arrive any time from 12:00 am, and rooms are to be vacated by 11:00am.
- WHAT TO TAKE: * Comfortable walking shoes * Sun hat * Sunglasses * Sun block * Cameras and binoculars * Light, neutral coloured clothing * Swimming costume * Warm jackets are essential in winter (May -October)
GATE ENTRANCE FEES: Gates open @ 06h00 & closes @ 21h00.
- Entrance fee into the Madikwe Reserve by road, please settle in camp (R50pp–Adults, R25pp– children).
- AIR TRANSFERS & PRIVATE CHARTERS: * Daily scheduled MADIKWE AIR/FEDERAL AIR flights from O.R.Tambo Airport (JIA). * Private charters are available on request. Fly in fee into the Madikwe Reserve; please settle in camp (R100 per adult, R50 per child – subject to change)